I LOVE Christmas!
Even though sometimes I demonstrate stress while trying to get everything done, I still LOVE it!
I think the part about Christmas that I love the most is: the JOY of GIVING.
It brings my heart such pure JOY to give. It makes me feel happy and warm.
When you think about the true meaning of Christmas, isn't this it - GIVING??? Christmas is ALL about baby Jesus. Didn't God GIVE us Jesus.
TODAY, if you read this will you do ONE thing for me??? Will you GIVE something of yourself to just ONE person? Pay for the coffee of someone behind you in the Tim Horton's drive through. Offer to carry an elderly person's groceries to their car. Make someone going through a hard time a meal and take it to them. Anything that YOU can do, WILL (I promise) brighten their day.
Most years, I have all my shopping done, tree up and presents wrapped by December 1. Some people make fun of me, while others think I'm crazy - and that's OK because I know WHY I operate this way.
You wanna know why??? Each year, I dislike that December is often consumed by running around, shopping in busy malls, rushing and missing the reason of the season.
I get all my Christmas stuff done, so that in December we can enJOY the reason of the season. We have time to read from our homemade advent calender each day, we have time to make Gingerbread houses with kids, we have time to visit friends, we have time to deliver our home made presents, we have time to create rice crispy snowmen, we have time to celebrate JESUS.
This year, I hadn't been so sure that I would have it all done in time but I do, I did. I got it all done. This Tuesday, I mailed out the last of our Christmas greetings and presents to my family far away.
NOW...all we are doing is enJOYing the reason of the season! We're visiting, we're baking, we're having lots of friends over to visit. Best of all, we are finishing our school work up and were done as of TODAY for our Christmas Break. YAY!
So when you go out there today....enjoy ALL the seasonal happenings!

No comments:
Post a Comment