Sunday, May 18, 2008

Look what I bought (again)...


...as well as some donated items from our going away party yesterday - click to read more

The top 2 photos and the bottom left - are from a little shopping spree at our local 2nd hand store (that I am going to MISS when we move) and the bottom right photo is the items donated at our going away party. I have a 60L Rubbermaid almost half full now of clothes and shoes (and a few toys) to donate to the orphanage we are going to visit. At this rate of collection, I will have to ship items as well as take some! It feels great!

You CAN'T even begin to imagine how much I love shopping for 2nd hand clothes for children who REALLY need them. They are beautiful clothes (mostly name brands - Osh Kosh, The Gap, The Children's Place - not that it matters, though) for mostly $1-$2 per piece. It's ridiculous to try to understand why children have to go without clothes when there is so much excess even just in my family. It baffles me.

No comments: