Thursday, April 21, 2011

Another road trip, too much

Mar 23 - Apr 3, 2011

Since finding out about our agencies fundraiser (in Toronto), I wanted to attend.

It seemed kind of impossible, considering we had already planned a trip to Ontario the month before the event.

The more involved I got, the more I wanted to go.

Always supporting me, Jacques said 'go'.

So, I did.

Noah & I packed up (including all his school work) and we headed out on a road trip
(which in the end, I discovered wasn't very well planned by me - or possibly a little too well planned out!)

Our sleeping schedule:
(and quite possibly why we were SO exhausted & sick when we got home)
Day 1 - hotel Belleville
Day 2 - friend's house in Toronto
Day 3 - Auntie Jay's
Day 4 - hotel in Toronto
(by day 4, I had clocked over 1800km's on the van)
Day 5 - Aunt Tricia's in Guelph
Day 6 - Mom's in Guelph
Day 7, 8 & 9 - Auntie Jay's
Day 10 - Aunt Kathy/Aunt Karen
Day 11 - hotel
Day 12 - HOME SWEET HOME
(when I arrived home, the odometer read 3198.9 total km's travelled)

Our trip was cut short and BOY, were Noah & I glad to come home!

This is how we (tried) to do school while we were gone!

In the end, I didn't end up doing much school because of our hectic schedule and Noah being sick!  It worked out in the end because I had messed up my planner (putting 2 weeks in a row of the same lessons)!

So we managed NOT to fall behind in the end!



I am SO proud of Noah's resilience and ability to conform to each set of rules, in each of the houses we were in over our trip!  He is so adaptable!  Way to GO, Noah!

I managed to give away some of my adult hat creations to my cousin and a friend!  Way to GO modelling them girls!



One of my highlights (even though you cant see the sign in the back) was our lunch at Chipotle's on Yonge St in Toronto!  Yumm. 

I introduced my cousin to the yumminess of this place and TRUST ME, when my family gets moved - this is going to be a place we visit as much as we can!


Totally picture worthy (me eating my Chipotle)!



Another highlight to my trip was a lunch date with 2 long time friends of mine!

Thankfully for facebook, we have found each other a few years ago!

Can't wait to move to be closer to them to surround myself with POSITIVE women like this!!
I LOVED our lunch date - in fact, I could have spent all day with them!


I also got to spend a night playing with 5 of the cutest boys I know!

I sent Jackie & Keith on a date and the boys and I stayed home and baked cupcakes!

BOY, is 5 boys ever A LOT busier than 1 boy!


OK...now I just HAD to take a photo of Mr. Iggy (aka Easton) and one of his several creations!!!  This kid LOVES tape MORE than Noah (and I didn't think that was possible).

I brought the boys lots of goodies including 5 pks that had 5 rolls in each pack of scotch tape & a tape dispenser.  Before we left, if I'm not mistaken, ALL THE TAPE WAS GONE!  Heck, half the time he didn't even take the time to put the roll of tape in the dispenser.  He'd just use it right off the roll!!!

What a bundle of creative joy he is!!!


This trip was a memorable trip, considering this will be our LAST time we take a road trip like this to Ontario before we move (aside from the trip we take to find a house)!  So, this will be the LAST time we house hop and have long extended visits with family.  Next time we visit, we will be living there and they can bless us with their company at OUR house!!!  YAHOO!

While driving home, we were NEVER so happy to see the signs: 


NEW BRUNSWICK 25



WELCOME TO NEW BRUNSWICK



2 comments:

Sandra said...

It was nice to meet you in TO and thanks for taking the time to find my son's toy ;o)

Tara said...

Sandra...it was really nice to meet you too! Your little man is adorable! So glad we found his toy!