Friday, September 17, 2010

Week Two - Home Schooling

Week 2 is complete and I want to jot down my thoughts after week 2 of our home schooling adventure.

I have to admit, I think we were 'out and about' a little too much this week. 

Every day, we were on the roads visiting, shopping  and socializing.  It was fun and the flexibility of schooling at home is AWESOME.  Though we still got all of our work done, but running the roads this week left me feeling a little overwhelmed at times trying to get our work done. I think, this stress could have been avoided had we stayed home more often during our 'school hours'. 

We ended our week today with Noah's Gym Class through our home school group in Presque Isle, Maine playing tennis at the University of Presque Isle tennis courts.  It was a beautiful day!  The families we have met so far (probably about 5 families) are really great people and all, but one have boys around Noah's age! 

Coming up next Friday, we are taking a field trip (instead of gym).  We're going on a hay ride to a family farm to tour through a pumpkin patch.

So at the end of the week:

Noah continues to show a few growing pains, but is proving to be very 'moldable'!  THIS is very exciting!

I'm considering testing Noah in his math, to jump him ahead several lessons.  He is getting extremely bored with Math and this is why I am considering this.

The other subjects are going great.  Noah is such a smart little man!  So proud of his progress with our new adventure!

1 comment:

Christine said...

So glad that things are going well.

I can't imagine how hard sticking to a schedule must be!

Miss ya!