Thursday, December 24, 2009

Unexpected Road Trip

I got to go home (to Guelph) last week for a last minute trip.   Under normal circumstances, I would say I loved it but the reason I went home was to support my longest childhood and best friend after the sudden death of her mother and her best friend.

This was the first time I drove 'completely' solo, alone (the last time I had my aunt to follow in her car). It was just Noah and I...Jacques had to stay home to work. Surprisingly enough, I felt so comfortable (even despite the weather not being so favourable) driving alone. Noah was a perfect driving 'co-captain', couldn't have asked for better. We left last Wednesday and drove straight through (well, from here toToronto). We stopped in Toronto (Vaughn) at Chuck E. Cheese's to meet a friend, Christine with her 2 boys - Gabriel & Xavier. We had fun. It was SO nice spending some time with her and meeting her boys.









While in Guelph, I got a nice visit in with my grandparents, my aunt, my cousin, etc.  It was really nice and HAD I thought about it, I could have planned it so I was home (in Guelph) for Christmas, but I didn't so be it.
















We left on Monday (considering New Brunswick) was scheduled to receive bad weather on Tuesday and Wednesday.  Monday we had a near perfect day.  First stop, Woodbridge to visit with Christine, her boys and her mom.  Beautiful people and very welcoming....  I thoroughly enjoyed my visit (and the tea they served - YUMMY).  Then we drove 2 more hours and visited another childhood friend, Leslie (that I hadn't seen since I was pregnant for Noah).  Noah loved playing with Keaton & Chloe (and with Meg, too) - very welcoming house as well.  It was absolutely wonderful to spend almost 4 hours with her and the kids, especially when her mom dropped in (we figure it had been since 1987 that I had seen her).









I've got lots of photos that I will upload (soon)....just wanted to get a post on my blog before Christmas!

Monday night we stayed in Montreal and when I got up, I felt like CRAP...but had to drive - NO CHOICE.  The last 2 hours of my drive were horrible - we hit bad weather.  I got home, unpacked then allowed myself to finally 'feel how I felt' - LIKE CRAP.  By Wednesday morning, I had a fever and felt just terrible.  Noah pretty much took care of me all day, what a helpful lil' man!  I am SO proud of him and his efforts while Daddy was at work!!

So we are all home safe & sound now....and waiting for Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tara,

Words cannot describe my appreciation for coming to my side during such a difficult time for my family and I.

Thank you to Noah, Jacques and Tara for your support. It really means so much to me.