is slowly starting to feel 'somewhat' normal again (though it still hurts way too much) since Isabelle moved in with a new family, 3 weeks ago today. It's tough. Immense grief has taken me by complete surprise, considering how 'at peace' we were with our decision for this to happen.
I've got lots to say, but right now probably is NOT the right time to share considering I'm in the 'anger' stage - so I've got lots of negative stuff to say that I'd rather not say at all.
We're well into our winter routine: Tuesdays, Noah has basketball, Thursday, I have bible study Monday or Wednesday, Jacques has volleyball and Friday's, Jacques has curling. Next week, Noah's basketball games are starting so now we'll have 2 nights per week of basketball.
We're wishing for lots more snow around here since we got a ski-doo last year (late in the season)....and SOON!!! The ski-doo has taken over the garage and I've been told by Jacques that the cars will NOT go in the garage this year! :( I may still have my own way later in the winter season!!!
All the Christmas cards have been sent, all the presents bought & wrapped, so now we just wait for the big day. I want to savour EVERY magical moment with Noah this year because I am almost certain this will be his last year believing in Santa. At least, once per week he comes home with questions and comments about Santa not being real and what the other kids are saying. So far (at least I believe this), I've been able to convince him (or he's better at convincing me that he still believe's, for the sake of his Santa present) that Santa IS real!!! We'll see.....but like I said, we plan to savour every last moment with Santa stuff!!!
I'm gonna try my hardest to get back on a regular blogging schedule........now that life is somewhat normal (or at least way less eventful & stressful).
2 comments:
Funny story about the Santa thing...last night at our church Christmas concert, the Pastor was finishing with a funny little message...
Step1: You believe in Santa
Step2: You don't believe in Santa (because someone told you he isn't real)
Step3: You become Santa
Step4: You look like Santa
At Step #2 when he said the part about learning Santa isn't really real...his 7 year old yells out, "OH YES HE IS!!!"
We all had a good laugh at that one!
Wow I'm so out of the blogging loop. I had no idea about Isabelle. I'll be thinking about you and your family. And I hope you have a VERY Merry Christmas :)
Post a Comment