Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter Sunday Service

Okay....so Easter this year was a little different for me, just as Christmas was for me. This was the first year that we 'really' focused on the true meaning of the season. For me, it was very emotional.

At church Easter Sunday (evening) service, the youth group performed this skit. At first when the 'drunk' came out, I was thinking 'boy, I'm not so sure that Noah should be seeing this'. By the time the 'Emo Guy' came out with the knife & gun, I knew for sure that I did not want Noah to be seeing this....BUT....

...once the true message of this skit revealed itself, I (literally) bawled my eyes. Thankfully we were sitting in the last row!!! Miss Ruth Anne (the pastors wife) was in the back taking care of the lighting. She caught a glimpse of the 'boo-hoo'er' in the back row' and came to my rescue with some Kleenex!!!



What a powerful message, eh? I love it!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

You know as I was packing up the SIX gallon size ziploc bags full of candy the kids received I couldn't help but feel guilty! Most of this candy will go uneaten and maybe some even discarded in the trash while children around the world are so desperate for even a crumb of food!! I tell you being to GUA so many times has truly changed me FOREVER!! I'm so glad God reveled Himself to me through this poverty stricken country!