Friday, January 30, 2009

OPERATION: SUUBI (hope)

Welcome to Operation: SUUBI (hope)

Have you seen these hand made beaded necklaces from Uganda, Africa before? If not, let me introduce you!

A little background:
Suubi (the Lugandan word for HOPE), was birthed in 2007 when a young family adopting from Uganda met two women selling these necklaces. After they met these women, they visited 60+ women who met each Sunday to bead together under a jackfruit tree.

HOPE is the essence of the SUUBI (hope) project and they have 2 visions which are:
1. creating incomes for women in unemployable areas in Uganda allowing them to provide food & pay school fees
2. a quote from the web "we have been shown a HOPE that doesn't make sense and has changed everything. Therefore, we simply want to spread HOPE."


Visit this link for the whole story about the project: SUUBI (hope) from Light Gives Heat.

I was introduced to these beautiful necklaces at this link: My Favourite Christmas Gift. I purchased 2 necklaces from Wendi (a fellow blogger buddy) who explains the vision & product VERY well in her video (I suggest watching) - better than I ever could. I highly suggest watching the video!

Since purchasing my necklaces, I've had MORE compliments and questions about where I bought it. Unfortunately, you can not buy these in the stores (around here, anyways)!! BUT, I have GREAT news.....for a limited time I AM SELLING THE NECKLACES (while quantities last) - so don't miss out on your opportunity.

Prices are as follows:
  • Chokers - $13 CDN
  • Slim Multi - $20 CDN
  • Long Multi - $26 CDN
  • Long Black & White - $26 CDN
All shipping will be done through Canada Post (with insurance). Note: I've tried several postal codes from NFLD to AB and zip codes to the USA and all costs were between $10-15 for an 8.5X11 envelope (which would hold 2-3 necklaces)....so it could be less.

NOTE: %100 of the money from the sales of these necklaces go back to the project Suubi (hope). So you probably ask, why am I doing this?
I'm doing this because:
1. I love the product
2. I care
3. I want to spread HOPE
  • Won't you please help me spread HOPE?
Hurry, hurry - while quantities last. Here's what you have to do (& know):
  • Email me your orders at tara.morin@hotmail.com (with your address) or make a comment advising which necklace you wish to purchase (if choosing a 'Multi-Long', please specify which item you want numbers in bottom right corner of photo).
  • I will send you an email with your 'exact' shipping cost as well as the total amount due.
  • I will ship only once I have received your payment in FULL.
  • REMEMBER - first pay, first serve!!! (this means, if two people are interested in the same necklace - the first one to pay will be the one who wins the order)
  • A "DONATE" button has been added at the top right corner of my blog for ease of paying.
Below are photos of the necklaces for sale, click on photo to view larger view.
Hurry while quantities last:

  • ALL NECKLACES SOLD IN ONE WEEK


Slim Multi - $20 (CDN)



Please help bring HOPE to these beautiful women of Suubi (hope):



If you have any questions, please email me: tara.morin@hotmail.com.

1 comment:

Myrna Hynes said...

I LOVE the long multi...very beautiful and so colourful. I'd love to order one (maybe 2). I have to take a closer look to find my fav, will let you know.