Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Nice People

You know, it still surprises me at times when I meet someone who genuinely does good.

A few snow storms ago, I was out snow plowing our drive way (large enough to fit 9 cars - it would be tight, but you could fit this many) when out of the blue this man in a Green John Deere (equipped with a scoop and a blower) appeared and finished my clearing the snow for me.

Now, back then I contemplated dedicating a blog post to this man in THANKS for saving me time and effort - and I didn't.

Now today, the SAME thing happened. Yesterday I had to plow the driveway not once, but TWICE because we got THAT much snow. Then sometime in the middle of the night the BIG city plows came by and left us some BIG boulders of snow for presents at the end of the driveway. Both Jacques & I 'rammed' in our cars through to get out this morning - but when I got home I knew I had to snow blow the end of the driveway. Now, if you're a Canadian in a SNOW belt you would understand that these BIG Boulders are NOT fun to shovel or to snow blow. The snow is SO dense that you have to break it apart by shovel first then snow blow bit by bit. One time it took me JUST AS LONG to do the end of the drive way as it did the whole driveway.

I got home, fired up the snow blower and started to head in the direction of the end of our driveway....when OUT OF NO WHERE the Green John Deere guy appeared with his big machine and did the WHOLE thing for me. I tried to offer him some money but he flat out refused through the glass of the tractor...

So there ARE nice people left in this world and I have been blessed TWICE by the same nice person. What a NICE feeling!

3 comments:

Myrna Hynes said...

We also had a really wonderful neighbour plow our driveway a few times for us...it is really wonderful to know there are still people out there who like to help others.

Anonymous said...

We have had the same thing happen to us (last winter)...we have two great neighbors...one next to us and one across the street. They also wouldnt accept any money, so we put it in thank you cards and left it in their mailboxes.

Quirky Christa said...

Nice people rock!