Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Photo upload.

I've been working on an initiative for Noah's hockey team that involves cropping & editing many photos of the children, so I haven't felt much like uploading photos that I had taken over the past few weeks!


This photo was taken while we were putting up the Christmas tree (actually, Noah was just finishing a 'time out') and was happily saying 'HO! HO! HO!" - if you can't tell by the expression on his face!!! Ironically, it was the 'only' photo I took that night and it was a perfect shot to remember our tree decorating (without Daddy!).


All the below photos were taken last week, at the 'FALLS' (or the off spray of the falls) in Grand Falls, NB.

I swear, this is the prettiest town I have ever lived in. What I found so fascinating, was the off spray that had frozen on all the trees and rocks.


We had much rainfall earlier that week, so the one door of the 'dam' was completely open. Lots of water was flowing over the falls and there was a great mist (as you can see in some of the photos) - so much so that when you drove over the bridge you needed to use your wiper blades.

Then, from the temperatures being so c-c-cold - it all froze and made beautiful photos

I don't know how many times I drove by this BEAUTY and said to myself 'I should take some photos'.... So THAT day, I drove home from taking Noah to school (& before I went to the grocery store) JUST to get my camera and take some photos.


It was F-F-F-Freezing outside.....I must have looked like the pathetic tourist desperate to get a perfect shot, willing to freeze my tush off to get that picture!

But LOOK - how beautiful this view is!

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Oh my goodness I would LOVE to see that place for myself!!

Myrna Hynes said...

very beautiful!