Considering we are all new to this school bus routine - I paced back & forth wondering what had happened.
We've grown accustom to the bus arriving between 2:05-2:10 pm, as well there being several children left on the bus when Noah arrives.
When the bus finally arrived around 2:35 pm (with NO children remaining on the bus) - Noah got off the bus walking very sluggishly towards the house. As usual, I opened the door to allow Mimi to run up to Noah in her excitement only to find that Noah was crying.
He told me that the 1st time the bus stopped in front of the house, his head was down and he was talking to someone. He only looked up after the bus passed the house (down the hill and turning the corner off of our street) then he got really scared. I'm not sure how the bus driver (who was NOT upset one bit) found out Noah was still on the bus - but after all the other children were dropped off, he came back to our house and dropped off our very scared little boy!
Noah walked sheepishly up the driveway, crying the whole way. When I asked him what was wrong, he told me how scared he was that he would get "grounded" (weird choice of words considering we have NEVER 'grounded' him per say). Poor little guy....scared of having to tell the bus driver, scared to get grounded and scared because he wasn't sure whether or not he would make it home or not :( All one of those life lessons, I guess!
He's happy now - happy that he got his 1 hour of XBOX per day back (after losing it for 3 days) - this sure took his mind off the bus incident pretty fast!
No comments:
Post a Comment