Friday, October 24, 2008

Disney - here we come!

<span class=
Free Disney Tickers

UPDATE (Oct 20):
I'm pathetic, I'll admit it! We are so excited it's not even funny. There are so many things we are so excited for (naturally) - one of them is the WARM weather. I've been on The Weather Network DAILY checking out the temperatures and it's looking mighty FINE!

Compared to here in NB this week the highs & lows range from 7C (44F) and -13C (8F) the ranges in Orlando are lows of 16C (61F) to highs of 27C (81F) and this is not even including the humidex....yippy.


5 days till Disney
4 days till we leave


UPDATE (Oct 3):

With only 3 weeks to go on our trip of a lifetime (and our first ever 'far away' family vacation) - the excitement in our house is growing.

Yesterday, I booked our hotel in Bangor, Maine (where we are flying out of very early in the morning, about 3 hrs & 15 minutes from our house and $1100 cheaper than flying out of Moncton, NB - the next closest International Airport) for the night before our flight. Luckily I booked now because apparently there is a big event that weekend in Bangor and we went through 5 hotels before we finally found one that wasn't booked solid!!

Yesterday, I also made reservations at all the restaurants we will be dining at while at the Resort - some Character Dining, some buffets, some Italian, some Mexican, some Chinese, etc! I really should have made reservations sooner than now - because 2 of the Character Dining restaurants that we REALLY wanted to dine at were already booked solid for the whole week....oops. This is the least of my concerns and besides, they may get cancellations closer to the date. I will just keep calling to see if there are any openings and if not - who cares!!!

Packing preparations have begun - the top of our Armoire is filling up with 'stuff' I don't want to forget to bring. Stuff like, Noah's new 'Disney' crocs (bought just for our trip), our breakfast items, locks for our suitcases, Halloween Costumes & makeup....etc. Soon, there will not be enough room in our bedroom so we'll have to take over the spare room.

The night we stay in Bangor is also the premier night of High School Musical 3 - something we have been counting down to since they announced there would be a HSM3 as well as something we thought we'd be missing considering we were leaving the next day ;o( We all love HSM so much that we are planning to get checked into our hotel in Bagor early enough to go to the theatres to see the premier night of High School Musical 3! How exciting is that!!! The only thing that could stop us from attending the premier night is if the movie does not play in the theatre in Bangor - so we're all keeping our fingers crossed it is playing!

UPDATE (Sept 15):

Flights are all booked.

We also "BIT THE BULLET" and ordered Cirque du Soleil - La Nouba tickets. Since planning our original Disney trip (last November) we have talked about going to this show but this time around when we saw the price of the tickets - we have been 'humming & haaaaing' over purchasing them. Mostly, it was a question of whether or not Noah sit still long enough for all of us to enjoy the show. Finally, some last minute advise from Angel convinced us to 'go for it'.

Thursday Oct 30 is La Nouba & Friday Oct 31 is the Halloween Party - *whoot, whoot*

I am soooo lucky and thankful we are able to take such a vacation and I can't wait. Especially considering Jacques told me for the next 3 weeks I will be an accountants widow due to budget time and some business travel. I am CERTAIN this vacation will come at the PERFECT time for us to get away!

ORIGINAL POST (sometime in in August)
Well - today it's finally official. We booked Disney back in July and today it is now paid for IN FULL! No turning back - Yipideedooodaah! Finally, one year later (after we originally were supposed to go) we are finally counting the days until we go. Keep up to date with our countdown by visiting our blog often!

Can you guess when we'll be at Disney (hint: check out the Mickey Mouse 'head' on the counter)??? YUP, Halloween. Our Halloween tickets for 'Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party' (that we had to purchase separately) arrived last week - so we're all set and ready to go to ticket only party in Downtown Disney on Halloween night - with the exception of our costumes (something we figure we may purchase there). For any of you who have gone, give me your advise (do you think we should get costumes before we go to Disney or when we get there?).


5 comments:

Angel said...

Hey there! We arrive at Disney LATE on Oct 31st. How long are you going to be around?? :0) How FUN! Angel

Nikki said...

That is so exciting!! My family wen to the Mickey Halloween night a couple years ago (okay... maybe more than a couple, I think I was in grade 7 at the time!) We all loved it!

Leslie & Shaune said...

how fun! glad you are finally making that dream come true Tara!

i would buy tickets b4 you go. they are really pricey at disney. REALLY.

what we did for chloe, was ordered them a couple weeks before we left - online - and had them delivered and held at our resort so that when we got to the resort they delivered them = they were sitting on our bed when we came home the first night. that was exciting for her.

L :)

Leslie & Shaune said...

ps: wish i was going too!

Nikki said...

Hey Tara! Yes, I do sponsor Tsehay through World Vision. I LOVE it- great program. Basically all you have to do is fill out a few forms (they are on the website, or call them and they can email or mail them to you). You pay $40 to get a police check done and then pay the gas it will take to drive you from your hotel to your sponsor child's village. World Vision workers pick you up and drive you back,and provide a translator. I am soooo excited!!