Thursday, October 2, 2008

Feeling particularly blessed today

I just have to write how incredibly blessed & lucky I feel today.

First thing this morning, I got a call from Noah's friends mom (who was returning my call from last night to set up a play date for today). She was clearly shaken and told me that the company she worked for closed their doors this week and now she was out of a job. I felt so horrible for her. When Noah asked me what was wrong, I explained to him that "C's" mom didn't have a job anymore. His immediate excited response was, "Well that's awesome for "C" because now his mom can stay home and play with him like you do with me". Unfortunately, that's not how it is for this family. "C" could not come over to play because she had some meeting set up for today desperately trying to find work.

It was in this moment that it hit me just how much Noah likes having me home. I mean, I knew he liked having me home by little comments he's made before but this time it really hit me. Plus then I had to explain to him that sometimes BOTH the Mommy & the Daddy need to work to make the house run. He didn't really 'get it' but I just left it at that.

After our conversation, I went straight to my bedroom, dropped to my knees and began praying. I thanked God for providing our family the opportunity to be able to have me home. Of course, I also prayed for "C's" mom & family during their difficult time.

Secondly, one of my 'to-do's' this morning was to book a hotel for the night before we fly out of Bangor Maine (in the wee hours of the morning). Only to find out there is some BIG event that weekend in Bangor and most of the hotels are sold out. The first 4 or 5 hotels I tried to book were sold out - so we've had to just 'take' the one we could get. Thankfully we did end up finding a hotel otherwise we would have been having to camp out at the airport until the wee hours! Now we will just keep our fingers crossed that the hotel is 'up to snuff'!!!

So today - I am feeling particularly grateful for all I have in my life!

No comments: