You might remember our post in March about a big family decision we have been trying to make (read here) about whether or not to home school....
Well....we made it! I have been read and waiting patiently for Jacques to work through his decision...and he has decided (through a variety of research & happenings) that we will 'go for it'!
Beginning in September, we will begin homeschooling Noah.
I have to say I am SO excited, but at the same time I am nervous as well! You know, the kind of nervous feeling you get when you start a new job. The kind that make you think 'can I really do this job?' even though you already know the answer! Knowing myself, once we get everything organized (the curriculum bought, the 'school' room set up and the supplies ready), I'll be itching to get started!
I have 3 friends close to us that already home school and are ready & waiting to be supportive in any way they can. As well, I have a few other friends' that are farther away that are very supportive as well! My one friend has already offered to 'carpool' to 1 or 2 different home school support groups in our area as well - YAY (thanks Tammie)!
So right now we are waiting for the Tree of Life to set up our family profile, assess Noah (to determine what level we will begin our curriculum at) and talk to us about different curriculum's available. I've seen a few and have a little idea of some of the curriculum's, but am VERY excited to learn more.
We have registered for the New Brunswick Home Educators conference in May, where we hope to meet other families in our area as well as learn a bunch more about homeschooling!
So pumped that our decision is made and we are moving forward, so excited for Noah!
1 comment:
It must be a relief just to have MADE the decision - now you can press forward and focus...Good luck, you'll all do great!
Post a Comment