...has resulted in a new family member!
Here's the story:
I didn't really expect to have a cat in the near future or in the far future for that matter, but when Jacques came home from work with a photo of this kitten who was destined to be put down this week - WHAT was I to do?
So, after much discussion, pro's & con's list building, our hearts (and I think Jacques more than mine) led us to welcome a kitty to our family!
Noah named him COSMO....and is awfully excited about having a cat.
We went for a Sunday drive to introduce Mimi & Cosmo, to see if Mimi would even tolerate the cat. It was pretty funny to see this cat (almost he size of Mimi) slightly batting at Mimi while hissing!!! After about 20-30 minutes, we decided to take the kitty home.
As soon as we got home, we had to leave immediately for church so we had to leave them alone. When we got home, the cat remained hidden in the spot we left him! Once we got him out, he hid under Noah's bed for most of the night! Until Jacques took Mimi down stairs when we got Cosmo's bed out (that we brought with him) and he LOVED it (this is where I was able to get all of the photos). As soon as he got in his bed, he began purring and appeared content.
He stayed in Noah's room all night and when Jacques got up in the morning, Cosmo was fast asleep on Noah's recliner chair in his room. Noah later told me that around 1am, Cosmo was on his bed 'biting' his face (but not hard). I asked him if he mistakingly thought that because of the rough tongues that cat's have. He didn't think so. Now I wonder if the cat was 'needing' on Noah's cheek. Either way, Noah LOVED this and we had a great laugh over it!
Since getting home from work today, the dog & cat appear to be more friendly. In the sense that they will be near each other without the cat hiding. They have been playing in the rungs of the chair for about 2 hours now and seemingly taunting each other!
It's so cute, I'm so happy for Mimi (and okay, maybe for us too)!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment