Sunday, September 7, 2008

Friends...

This picture makes me feel so sad and empty. This photo was taken of Krista, one of my greatest friends, only a few hours after her father's funeral. These rocks are part of her parents property and the view is absolutely amazing.

After her dad's funeral, we went wondering on the rocks. We were supposed to have gone up to visit her parents new place a few other times, but just never made it. It's unfortunate for the reason we made this trip finally :(
Naturally, I had to get some nice portraits of each of us!

When I saw the opportunity to take this shot, I immediately thought of a CD cover....cute, eh!

I thought this was so cool. I mean, I've seen stuff like this before but it always fascinates me - how Mother Nature works. The water (over time) has eroded a hole in the rocks, leaving an inlet where the water keeps eroding more of the rocks.
Oh, and check this one out: a cowboy...hat, nose, lips and all! How cool!


This is a view of the house, looking back from on the water.

This photo is a prelude of what is to come....although, we wish to see sand from somewhere VERY south!! For the past several years, we keep saying we are going to take a trip south - the 4 of us - but never do. Jacques and I have joked for years that our first trip south will probably end up going when Krista & Leo finally get married, on some little beach in the tropics!!!

At the end of the day, we are so sorry for the passing of Krista's dad, Maynard. Krista and her family continue to be a part of our prayers - in hopes they will find the peace to get through the grief :(

No comments: